By creating an account for Mortal Online you accept the terms of service, the reimbursement policy as well as the naming policy. By this you also accept that the current version of the terms & conditions apply.
1) Free Month and automatic subscription
Once you purchase the game and establish an account, you will be entitled to play Mortal Online for thirty (30) days without any subscription fee. If your account is not terminated or manually set to “do not renew subscription” within this period of thirty (30) days, you will be charged the subscription fee for the following month or by your choice of method and interval. You may change this at any time by logging onto the "account management" site on www.mortalonline.com. Your account will stay open until the end of the current billing cycle and you will subsequently be automatically charged unless you manually cancel your subscription. When you establish your account, you authorize Star Vault AB to automatically charge you the subscription fee in accordance with the payment terms, as may be amended by Star Vault AB from time to time, plus any applicable taxes that Star Vault AB is required to collect.
Note that it may take a while for the credit card company to process your payment. You can see the date when the subsciption renews in your account management. Please note that Direct Debit payments (Einzugsermächtigung) are processed up to 5 days before the renewal date. Credit cards payments are usually processed 24 hours before the automatic renewal. Please note: It's only possible to change to, or between direct debit and credit cards when there are less than 30 days left of your subscription. If there is still time left on your account when you change to credit card and direct debit payments, the new card will be charged immediately and time will be added on top of your current subscription period.
Prices on license fee and monthly subscriptions are subject to be changed by Star Vault AB at any time without any further notice.
2) DDU – Delivered Duty Unpaid (named destination place)
The seller delivers the goods to the buyer to the named place of destination in the contract of sale. The goods are not cleared for import or unloaded from any form of transport at the place of destination.
The buyer is responsible for the costs and risks for the unloading, duty and any subsequent delivery beyond the place of destination. However, if the buyer wishes the seller to bear cost and risks associated with the import clearance, duty, unloading and subsequent delivery beyond the place of destination, then this all needs to be explicitly agreed upon in the contract of sale.
3) You may not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations. Star Vault cannot be held accountable for any user-side violations and will report such to the law enforcement agencies.
4) The instructions of ingame support personnel are to be followed. Non-compliance can result in a kick, temporary or permanent account ban.
5) When naming your character, guild or pet you have to make sure that the name is in accordance with the Mortal Online Naming Policy.
6) Any organized or unorganized form of racist, anti-gay, anti-religious, racist, sexist or other hate-mongering philosophies are not allowed and can result in a permanent account ban.
7) You may not impersonate or present yourself to be a representative of Star Vault, the ingame personnel or a Mortal Online volunteer. This will result in a permanent account ban.
8) You may not market, sell, advertise, promote, solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items in the game or other game services unless it is for in-game sales of in-game services or items.
9) You may not market, sell, advertise, promote solicit or otherwise arrange for the exchange or transfer of items not related to the game or other services.
10) You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any illegal or pirated software or other contraband within the game or the Mortal Online Forums.
11) You may not create, provide or use any server emulator or other site where Mortal Online may be played. You may not post or distribute emulators, software tools or utilities related to Mortal Online without the express written permission of Star Vault.
12) You may not attempt to play Mortal Online on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Star Vault.
13) You may not engage in any activity that increases the difficulty and/or expense of Star Vault in maintaining the Mortal Online client, server, web site or other services for the benefit and enjoyment of all its users.
14) You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of Star Vault, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: petitioning with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, petitions; obstructing Star Vault Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a Star Vault Employee; or implying favoritism by a Star Vault Employee.
15) Star Vault cannot be held responsible for actions taken by our customers that occur outside the jurisdiction of the game's servers or web site. Should you be harassed or threatened by another player, you have to involve your local law enforcement agencies. Star Vault is not responsible for its customer‘s behaviour.
16) You may not publish private communications from Star Vault, their agents or representatives or Mortal Online volunteers without authorization. This includes posting such communications in the Mortal Online Forums.
17) You may not communicate, post or publicize any subscriber’s personal information within the Mortal Online game world or forum.
18) You may not give false information or intentionally hide or withhold any information, including billing and contact information, when registering your Mortal Online account subscription. You are responsible for keeping this information accurate and current.
19) You may not share your account password with anyone. Star Vault support personnel will never ask you for your password!
20) You may not try to create or use any third party add-ons, extras or tools for the game without written consent from Star Vault. Any reverse engineering or modification of the Mortal Online game client will result in a permanent ban.
21) You may not exploit any bug in Mortal Online to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Exploits are to be reported to the ingame support personnel via the petition system only.
22) Star Vault reserves the right to close, temporarily or permanently, any user’s account without advance notice as we deem necessary. Furthermore, we reserve the right to delete all user accounts or inventory of characters as warranted.
23) In compliance with The Children’s Online Privacy Act of April, 2000, we cannot provide subscriptions to individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create a Mortal Online account and you are not eligible to enter contests or promotions.
24) We reserve the right to ban any user from the game and the game's forum without refund or compensation.
STAR VAULT MAY FIND IT NECESSARY ON OCCASION TO MAKE CHANGES TO OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF THE PERSISTENT GAME WORLD MECHANICS, INTERFACE OR FEATURES OF MORTAL ONLINE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN GAME BALANCE AND ENHANCE PLAYABILITY OR PERFORMANCE FOR ITS SUBSCRIBERS. THESE CHANGES MAY AFFECT OR CAUSE SETBACKS FOR THE CHARACTERS YOU’VE CREATED.
THESE RULES MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THEM OCCASIONALLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES, POLICIES AND AGREEMENTS PUBLISHED BY STAR VAULT.
BY SUBSCRIBING TO MORTAL ONLINE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AGREE TO THESE RULES AND WILL ABIDE BY THEM.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT BY STAR VAULT OR ONE OF ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES MAY RESULT FROM FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES. SUCH TERMINATION WILL NOT ENTITLE YOU TO A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE USE OF THE MORTAL ONLINE CLIENT, SERVERS OR WEB SITE. YOU WILL FORFEIT ANY UNUSED GAME TIME REMAINING AT THE TIME OF TERMINATION.
YOU AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU GRANT PERMISSION TO ACCESS YOUR MORTAL ONLINE ACCOUNT OR USER INFORMATION. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE HELD PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (WHICH CAN INCLUDE ACCOUNT TERMINATION) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THE RULES DESCRIBED HEREIN.
IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING, YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE END USER LICENSE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS SET FORTH CAN RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR MORTAL ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION AND THE BENEFITS THEREOF WITH NO REFUNDS.
Star Vault AB reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time, including without limitation access policies, the availability of any feature of the game or the service, hours of availability, content, data, software or equipment needed to access the game or the service, effective with or without prior notice; provided, however, that material changes (as determined in Star Vault AB’s sole and absolute discretion) will be disclosed as follows: Star Vault AB will provide you with notification of any such changes through a patch process, or by email, postal mail, website posting, pop-up screen, or in-game notice. If any future changes to this agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this agreement, you must terminate, and immediately stop using, the game and the account. Your continued use of the game following any revision to this agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes. Star Vault AB may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the game at any time. Star Vault AB may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the game without notice or liability.
July 9, 2010 Star Vault AB